Historic Architectural Conservation— Construction Supervision and Materials Conservation
Coral Gables Merrick House
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Coral Gables Merrick House is the ancestral home of the founder of the city of Coral Gables. RLA provided construction supervision and materials conservation services for restoration of the historic residence under contract to Lego Construction. Supervision work involved documentation, implementation of treatment protocols and methodologies, preparation of mock-ups, overall troubleshooting on protection of the historic fabric, and preparation of the final report for the city. Hands-on conservation procedures included:
- Caulking application around the veranda rafters
- Stripping paint on the coral stone mantel
- Paint analysis, repair and replacement of bathroom faux plaster tiles
- Testing of repair methods for original wood flooring
- Additional stucco, coral stone and concrete cleaning, repairs, fungal growth removal, and consolidation.
||LEGO Construction Co.
||Coral Gables Merrick House
||Pieces range in date in the 20th Century
||907 Coral Way, Coral Gables, Florida
||November 2016 – June 2017
Coral Stone, Cast Stone, Stucco, Plaster
||Condition Assessment, Treatment, Mounting, Installation